Crew Foreman, Mr. Miguel Pastenes was interviewed by the Dallas Morning News after winning the North American Tree Climbing Championship. He is the first Texas climber to win this prestigious award and the only climber to become an eleven-time Texas Tree Climbing Champion! We are proud to have Mr. Pastenes on our team!
Staff and Company Related News and Articles
Our staff is often in the news due to our knowledge and experience with trees. Our most recent media coverage, as well as some of our favorite older news stories, are featured here. Archived news tabs for 1) Print and Online Media, and 2) Television and Radio are organized by the area or region covered, the news outlet, and the date of the publication. Links are provided when available. News coverage of our volunteer efforts on behalf of many community service projects and nonprofit groups will be found in the Community Voice section under the Community Outreach tab.
Some of Our Most Recent News Coverage
August 5, 2021 KRLD NewsRadio's Mr. Mitch Carpenter interviewed our owner, Mr. Steve Houser about North Texas' decreased air quality coupled with the increased pollen counts. Select the KRLD NewsRadio August 5, 2021 button below to listen the two and a half minute interview and find out if there is anything you can do to help better our air quality- or at least prevent it from getting worse.
February 19, 2020 WFAA Channel 8's Mr. Jack Highberger interviewed Mr. Steve Houser about the large number of trees being removed from the banks of the White Rock Creek by the City of Dallas. What is concerning citizens and Mr. Houser is the lack of flags an arborist uses to mark the trees to be removed. Why is it being left up to the contractor to determine which trees to remove?
October 18, 2019 WFAA Channel 8's Mr. Jay Wallis interviewed Highland Park mayor Margo Goodwin, a resident, and our owner, Mr. Steve Houser about the Highland Park Pecan tree that is coming down soon. Unfortunately, the revered tree has become a safety hazard.
Dallas Mavericks "Trees for Threes"
"Trees for Threes" or TF3 for short is one of our favorite projects. For every three-pointer the Mavs score at home the team, Arborilogical Services, and PriceWaterhouse Coopers plant a tree in Dallas area schools and parks. So far, we have planted over three thousand trees in the Dallas community. We plant larger trees (three to four inches in diameter), make sure they are irrigated, and provide pro bono maintenance for three years to help ensure they will survive. The Dallas Mavericks capture video highlights of the tree planting events at the end of the TF3 seasons.
Our Staff In the News
The original site of our office was a steel building purchased in 1985. Due to our growth over the years, in 2017 we added one of the most sustainable buildings in north Texas. Our objective was to build a "green" building and landscape that was environmentally responsible, yet still attractive.
Ms. Sarah Sours is featured in the Texas Chapter International Society of Arboriculture's monthly newsletter In The Shade's August 2020 edition. As an ISA Texas member for 18 years, she considers the organization a great resource and credits it as the reason she became a Certified Arborist in 2001.
In 2018, President Donald Trump provided a Lifetime Achievement Award to our owner, offering his congratulations on the award. The award was for providing over 4,000 volunteer hours to the Texas Master Gardener Program, Dallas County Chapter. Our owner has been a Certified Texas Master Gardener for over 20 years.
COMPANY NEWS ARCHIVES PRINT AND ONLINE MEDIA
• 2012 – December 19, Ms. Danielle Lee writes about PwC's being part of the Dallas Maverick's and Arborilogical Service's "Trees for Threes" on-going program.
• 2011 – October 15, Ms. Jamie Stengle writes about the drought and how trees were affected. The article ran in over 50 markets around the nation.
• 2010 - May 22, Mr. Troy Phillips writes about defending champion Mr. Miguel Pastenes competing for his fifth Texas Tree Climbing Championship.
• 2017 – December 1, The RoseanneWorld website blog for Roseanne Barr posts a link for the book Comanche Marker Trees of Texas.
Southern Living Magazine
• 2004 – October, Mr. Edwin Marty interviews Bill Seaman in an article entitled "Fall Color Along the Driveway."
• 2000 – November, Ms. Liz Druitt interviews Bill Seaman in an article entitled "Investing In Silver: These Silver Plants Require Little Maintenance to Add Their Coolness to a Texas Day and Their Magic to the Moonlight."
Total Landscape Care
• 2016 – January 5, Ms. Jill Odom writes about the Dallas Mavericks "Trees for Threes" tree planting program and how the idea spread to other NBA teams – “Trees for Threes Benefits From NBA's Hottest Hands.”
Tree Services Magazine
• 2009 – January 1, Mr. Patrick White writes about the award from President George Bush for 5,000 hours of volunteer service provided to Mr. Steve Houser – “Texas Arborist Honored for Dedication to Volunteerism.”
• 2011 – October 3, Mr. Roy Appleton writes about a new State Champion Willow found in Dallas. The article was originally printed in the Dallas Morning News.
In the Shade: Newsletter of the ISA Texas Chapter
• 2020– August, ISA Texas Chapter looks back on the Texas Tree Climbing Championship through the years.
• 2020– August, Ms. Sarah Sours was featured in the "Member Spotlight" article for their August edition. In the article, Ms. Misti Perez interviewed Ms. Sours about her ISA membership and her career in arboriculture.
• 2020– August, ISA Texas Chapter featured a picture of The Houser Cup on their newsletter's cover.
• 2019– June, Our owner, Mr. Steve Houser writes about the Neighborhood Forest Overlay passed in an updated tree and landscape ordinance in Dallas in early 2018. It is the first of its kind in the nation.
• 2019 - February, Dr. Greg Church wrote an article featured in this statewide newsletter about the challenges American landscapes face in regards to long-term sustainability.
• 2018 – June, Mr. Jim Dossett writes about the 36th Annual Texas Tree Climbing Competition in Waxahachie. Mr. Miguel Pastenes took home the top honors, and also mentioned were Mr. Chris Brewer, Ms. Kirbie Houser, and Mr. Kevin Bassett for their amazing volunteer contributions to the success of the event.
• 2013 – July, Mr. Kevin Bassett writes about the 2013 Texas Tree Climbing Championship volunteers and Ms. Kirbie Houser being awarded the 2013 Outstanding Volunteer Medal.
LOCAL AND REGIONAL MEDIA
• 2018 – July 23, Mr. Will Mattox writes about trees in the Casa Linda Plaza that may be removed in the future – “Developer and Neighbors Meet to Discuss Trees, but Their Fate is Unclear.”
The Commerce Journal
• 1994 – September 21, staff report in Commerce, Texas about pruning the state champion Bois d'Arc – “ Bois d'Arc Anthem.”
Culture Map Dallas
• 2016 – January 17, Ms. Teresa Gubbins writes about the dollar value of trees.
• 2010 – September, Mr. Harry Hunsicker writes about using laser sensing technology to survey Dallas trees and forests.
• 2005 – September, Mr. Bill Seaman writes about trees are blacklisted by experts, but for many of us, they inspire passionate discourse.
Dallas Morning News – Photos
• 2018 – May 2, Dallas Morning News ran a photo of Consulting Arborist, Mr. Steve Houser and his sister Ms. Christie Kennedy, in the metro section taken during EarthX 2018 at Fair Park in Dallas, Texas. Mr. Houser often dresses as a tree for Earth Day as a way to educate others about the many benefits of trees and the need for proper care. The photo was taken by Mr. Rex Curry, Staff Photographer.
• 2016/2017 “Photographs of the Year” (see main article photo at top of page) for 2016/2017 included a photo of Crew Foreman Mr. Miguel Pastenas climbing a large tree for a previous Dallas Morning News article regarding his win to become the North American Tree Climbing Champion and his unprecedented win as a Nine-time Texas Tree Climbing Champion. The photo was taken by Mr. Andy Jacobsohn.
Dallas Morning News Staff and Free Lance Writers
• 2021 - February 8, Mr. Steve Houser writes an opinion editorial to follow-up to previous articles, Dallas Must Dig Deep To Protect Its Forests.
• 2021 - January 14, Mr. David Tarrant interviewed Mr. Steve Houser about the dreaded beetle, the Emerald Ash Borer, that has been found in North Texas.
• 2019 - July 31, Mr. Jesus Jimenez interviewed a Lancaster man nearly crushed by a falling tree at White Rock-area park. Our owner Steve explains how every tree can fail given the right circumstances.
• 2016 – March 11, Ms. Nanette Light writes about Mr. Miguel Pastenes winning the North American Tree Climbing Championship in September and being an eight-time State Champion tree climber. The article also mentions the second place State Champion, Mr. Vicente Pena, another company foreman – “'It's My Home up There': Top-Ranked Plano Tree Climber Ascends to World Championship.”
• 2015 – December 9, Mr. Michael E. Young writes about the fall color of trees – “Cold Nights, Warm Days Brighten Dallas’ Fall Foliage.”
• 2015 – March 4, Ms. Elizabeth Findell writes about Oncor tree-trimming – “Electric Company to Amp up Tree-Trimming in Dallas.”
• 2014 – May 10, Mr. Jeff Mosier and Ms. Christine Rosales write about the recent storm damage “Dallas – Area Trees Took a Beating in Powerful Storms.”
• 2013 – December 6, Mr. David Flick and Ms. Tristan Hallman write about the ice storm that occurred – “In Fridays Storm, the More Glorious the Foliage, the More Vulnerable the Tree.”
• 2013 – November 13, Mr. Roy Appleton writes about trees marked around White Rock Lake, possibly for future removal – “Marked Trees Near White Rock a Whodunit.”
• 2013 – November 13, Mr. Thomas Korosec writes about tree values – “If a Tree Falls in the City, Does It Affect Home Value?”
• 2013 – March 8, Mr. Matt Peterson and Mr. Kian Hervy write about the Dallas Mavericks “Trees for Threes” project to plant a tree in Dallas schools or parks for every three-pointer scored – “Volunteers Plant ‘Trees for Threes’ at Pleasant Grove School for Mavericks Sponsored Beautification Program.”
• 2012 – November 29, Ms. Katie Fairbank writes a follow-up article to the one above and mentions that our company pruned two trees and fertilized one in need – “American Elm Gets Promised Pruning As Does Second Backyard Tree”.
• 2012 – November 2, Ms. Katie Fairbank writes about a disabled veteran on a limited budget in a dispute with a neighbor and Consulting Arborist, Mr. Steve Houser, offers pro bono help – “As Branches Dropped, Friction Rose.”
• 2012 – March 30, Mr. James Ragland writes about the recent drought and the article was published in other markets around the nation, such as the Portland Press Herald and the San Francisco Chronicle – “Last Year`s Drought, Record Heat Taking Toll on Texas Trees.”
• 2012 – March 23, Ms. Meghan Sikkel writes about the second year of Arborilogical Services partnering with the Mavs, but moving forward the trees will be planted at Dallas area public schools – “Volunteers Plant Trees at Dallas School for Dallas Mavericks' 'Trees for Threes' Initiative.”
• 2012 – January 25, Mr. Roy Appleton writes a follow-up article on the school noting that Mr. Steve Houser provided a great solution to save most all the trees and the case was delayed – “City Council Postpones Vote on Rezoning Proposal for East Dallas School.”
• 2012 – January 24, Mr. Roy Appleton writes about the public battle over a requested zoning change for a Dallas School (O. M. Roberts) that would affect 34 large trees – “City Council to Consider Contentious Zoning Request for East Dallas School.”
• 2011 – November 18, Ms. Sue Watkins writes about a State Champion Red Oak in a Garland cemetery that was lost (unfortunately) – “Large Oaks Demise Draws Grief From Local Officials.”
• 2011 – September 25, Mr. Roy Appleton writes about a Black Willow found on White Rock Lake which was measured and confirmed by Mr. Steve Houser – “Big Tree a Big Deal for Dallas Woman and State Registry.”
• 2011 – April 7, Mr. Roy Appleton writes about efforts to inventory the Dallas urban forest using a cutting edge technology. Our company donated over $14,000.00 and raised over $100,000 for the effort – “Researchers Delve into Details of Dallas Urban Forest.”
• 2011 – March 22, Mr. Roy Appleton writes about this year’s Dallas Mavericks tree planting which included a third partner, Pricewaterhouse Coopers. The program was expanded to over 300 trees a year and was given a name by Mr. Steve Houser of Trees for Threes – “Tree Project Will Add New, Needed Growth to Oak Cliff's Lake Cliff Park.”
• 2010 – July 12, Mr. Michael E. Young writes a follow up to the article above about the lack of support for the Oncor agreement – “Lakewood Residents Aren't Signing on to Oncor's Tree-Trimming Contract.”
• 2010 – May 27, Mr. Michael E. Young writes about an experimental agreement by Oncor that allows property owners the option to prune their trees – “Oncor Pilot Programs Give Dallas Customers a Say in Tree Pruning.”
• 2010 – May 23, Mr. Jeff Mosier writes about the state tree climbing competition – “Contestants Swing Through the Trees in Texas Climbing Championship in Plano.”
• 2010 - May 22, Mr. Andy Jacobsohn recorded and edited a video for The Dallas Morning News to accompany the May 23, 2010 article above. The video production is titled "2010 Texas' Top Tree Climbers Swing Into Action in Plano Competition."
• 2010 – May 20, Mr. Theodore Kim writes about the annual state tree climbing competition – “Bob Woodruff Park in Plano to Host the Texas Tree Climbing Competition.”
• 2010 – April 14, Mr. Avi Selk writes about the cleanup of historic Reverchon Park in Dallas. A video of the park's history was included as well as a link to an article on our company partnership with the Dallas Mavericks and our first tree planting effort in the park – “Reverchon is One of Dallas Most Successful Parks but It Wasn`t Always So.”
• 2010 – April 2, Ms. Abigail Thatcher Allen writes about the first partnership planting with Arborilogical Services® and the Dallas Mavericks in Reverchon Park (Dallas) – “Dallas Mavericks Pitch into Plant Trees in Reverchon Park.”
• 2010 – January 6, Mr. Thomas Korosec writes about power line pruning – “Protect Your Trees from Power Company Pruning by Trimming Wisely.”
• 2009 – October 16, Ms. Jacquielynn Floyd writes about efforts to save a Palm tree – “Engineer Rooting for Survival of Palm Tree Growing in Arlington Construction Zone.”
• 2009 – August 4, Mr. Scott Farwell writes about our company being hired by the Forest Hills Association to care for their urban forest – “Forest Hills Plants Seeds of Preservation with Personal Arborist.”
• 2009 – July 10, Mr. Steve Harris writes about Forest Hills hiring our company for advice – “Forest Hills Has Its Own Arborist in Steve Houser.”
• 2009 – June 16, Ms. Jacquielynn Floyd writes about quakes in Cleburne and a battle over trees in Austin that may be removed from a public park possibly causing an “Arborilogical Armegedon” – “Let's Not Be So Quick On the Cleburne Quakes.”
• 2009 – June 12, Mr. Joe Simnacher writes about the recent storms – “Hardware Store Hopping After Storms Pound Dallas Fort Worth."
• 2009 – April 19, Ms. Paige Phelps writes an article for “My Town” which includes questions/answers with Mr. Steve Houser about tree climbing.
• 2009 – January 8, Mr. Dave Leventhal writes about the first UFAC tree planting on Skillman – “Dallas to Become a Leaf-Peeping, Fall Foliage Capitol.”
• 2008 – November 17, Mr. Dan X. McGraw writes about the survey of Dallas trees using Lidar and hyperspectral images –“Dallas Committee Studying How Trees Grow Money.”
• 2008 – November 5, Mr. David Flick writes about fall color of trees and includes comments from Steve Houser regarding a photo of a Texas Ash near White Rock Lake Park – “Cold Snap Could Help Bring Color to Autumn Foliage.”
• 2008 – November 5, Ms. Jessie Milligan writes about fall color and includes a link to the video on how to plant with Mr. Steve Houser as well as the UFAC tree planting guide – “Plant These Trees for a Blaze of Fall Color.”
• 2008 – August 18, Dallas Morning News posted a video interview with Steve Houser discussing the many trees the city of Dallas planted that are dying along the freeway due to a lack of watering.
• 2008 – January 5, Mr. Jim Getz writes about a planned road in McKinney that may require many trees to be removed – “Planned McKinney Road Threatens Home, Trees.”
• 2007 – November 2, Dallas Morning News posted a video online with Tips for Planting a Tree Properly by Steve Houser.
• 2007 – July 16, Mr. Allen Houston posted a film on the NeighborsGo website with Mr. Steve Houser teaching Dallas Morning News Editor, Mr. Sterling P. Robertson, how to climb a tree.
• 2007 – April 20, Ms. Connie Dufner writes about Earth Day and some of the earth-conscious nonprofit organizations, government offices, gardening clubs and businesses who have booths you can visit at the event - “A Fun, Cheap Way to Celebrate Earth Day.”
• 2007 – January 17, a “staff report” discusses the cold spell and possible damage to trees – “Snow Possible as Cold Lingers.”
• 2006 – September 18, Mr. Allen Houston writes about the first tree inventory in Dallas, a project using laser sensing technology developed and partly funded by Mr. Steve Houser – “No Stone Unturned, No Tree Uncounted.”
• 2006 – August 27, Mr. Jake Batsell writes a follow-up story on the Plano Bur Oak due to research showing it could be up to 500 years old – “Plano's Bur Oak Older Than Thought.”
• 2006 – August 25, Mr. Jake Batsell writes about an old Bur Oak in Plano that was previously recognized for being over 200 years old. The tree lost a 23-inch limb in a storm and Mr. Steve Houser recovered a slice of it (or a “tree cookie”) – “Loss of Branch May Be a Gain.”
• 2005 – June 27, Mr. Paul Meyer writes about Company Crew Foreman, Mr. Nicholas Martinez, being a four-time state champion tree climber – “Climbing the Branches of Society.”
• 2005 – March 18, Mr. Paul Meyer writes about a neighborhood in McKinney that stopped the destruction of two State Champion Chinquapin Oaks and turned the area into a park – “Two Oaks Survive Big Threat.”
• 2002 - December 12, April M. Washington writes about Plano's urban forester, Renee Burke-Brown. Russell Peters of Arborilogical explains Ms. Burke-Brown's traits and qualifications for the position.
• 2002 – October 1, Letters to the Editor featured a letter written by Mr. Bill Seaman. Mr. Seaman was given the "Golden Pen" award by Dallas Morning News for the clarity and writing style of his letter.
• 2002 – June 19, Plano Morning News (a Dallas Morning News community paper) writes about our company providing pro bono services to install a lightning protection system in Plano's Bicentennial Bur Oak. Crew Foreman, Mr. Nicholas Martinez is quoted – “Bicentennial Tree Fitted with Lightning Protection.”
• 2002 – January 20, Mr. Mike Peters writes a “High Profile” article on Mr. Steve Houser – “Besides Being a Respected Arborist, He May Be the Best Friend a Threatened Tree Ever Had.”
• 2001 – December 8, a “staff report” notes that Mr. Steve Houser won an award from the International Society of Arboriculture, Texas Chapter for the Outstanding Professional Arborist of the Year and company Consulting Arborist, Mr. Larry Schaapveld was recognized with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
• 2000 – March 30, Mr. Jay Webb writes about Mr. Bill Seaman's expert opinion on the value in Texas' understory plants in the Plano Morning News section.
• 2000 – January 30, Mr. Steve Quinn writes about the recent cold weather – “Vegetation Stands up to Icy Freeze – Plants Suffer Minimal Damage, Experts Say.”
• 1996 – June 4, Mr. Rufus Coleman writes about the recent storm damage – “Taking a Few Boughs – Crews Scramble to Trim Trees After Recent Storms.”
• 1996 – May 5, Mr. Jeffrey Weiss writes about a recent storm – “A Force to be Reckoned With.”
• 1990 – July 17, Mr. Dan Shine writes about our Foreman, Rosa Ruiz, winning the Texas Tree Climbing Competition –“Tree Climbing Champion Scales to Great Heights in Texas Contest.”
Dallas Morning News – Curious Texas
• 2020 – May 7, Ms. Sriya Reddy asked Mr. Houser why trees in North Texas are shorter than trees in other areas – "Why Are Trees in North Texas so Much Shorter Than Those in Other Areas? Curious Texas Investigates."
Dallas Morning News – Garden Calendar and Neighbors Go
• 2014 – January 13, Ms. Meredith Shamburger writes about an upcoming training on tree care by Mr. Steve Houser – “Keep Coppell Beautiful Offers Tree Care Classes.”
• 2012 – October 11, Mr. Steve Houser presents the topic of Indian marker trees for the Texas Historic Tree Coalition.
• 2012 – July 11, Mr. Steve Houser presents the topic of Indian marker trees for the First Men`s Garden Club.
• 2010 – May 21 and 22, Our company worked to promote the state tree climbing competition in Plano, when Consulting Arborist, Mr. Kevin Bassett was the Chairperson for the event – “Tree Climbers Go for Top Title in Tree Event” and “Tree Climber Headed Up.”
• 2010 – May 6, Mr. Steve Houser presents how to save a tree at the Trinity River Audubon Center.
• 2010 – February 25, Mr. Steve Houser presents a clinic on pruning with a hands-on demo at the Trinity River Audubon Center.
• 2007 – August 17, Mr. Steve Houser presents “All About Trees” to the Dallas County Master Gardeners
• 2002 – January 25, Mr. Steve Houser presents tree pruning and maintenance at the Dallas Arboretum.
• 2001 – December 28, Mr. Steve Houser speaks on “How to Tame Your Tree”.
• 1999 – January 29, Mr. Steve Houser presents a workshop on safe tree climbing techniques during an annual statewide urban forestry workshop.
Dallas Morning News - Home and Garden Section
• 2018 – March 21, Ms. Karel Holloway writes about Bradford Pears, Dr, Greg Church is also quoted in the article – “Where Did All Those Nasty Bradford Pear Trees Come From and Why Are They So Popular.”
• 2018 – May 20, Ms. Karel Holloway writes about Arborilogical Services® new office. Ms. RuthAnn Jackson is also quoted in the article – “Wylie Tree Expert Built the Greenest Office Building He Could as His 'Moral Manifesto'.”
• 2016 – October 20, Ms. Karel Holloway writes about the recent loss of Oaks – “Texas Seeing Widespread, Sudden Death of Post Oaks.”
• 2015 – September 9, Ms. Karel Holloway writes about tree planting – “Fall and Winter are Best Times to Plant Trees.”
• 2015 – July 8, Ms. Mariana Greene writes about the renovation of Reverchon Park in Dallas and its Iris Bowl – “Reverchon Park`s Iris Bowl is Back in Business.”
• 2015 – March 5, Ms. Karel Holloway writes about backyard orchards – “For a Fruitful Back Yard.”
• 2010 – April 28, Todd W. Davis writes about Oak Wilt – “Oak Wilt Threatens Trees in North Texas.”
• 2008 – May 16, Ms. Mariana Greene writes about the new Citizen Foresters, a program established by Urban Forester, Mr. Walter Passmore and Consulting Arborist, Mr. Steve Houser – “Dallas Urban Forestry Program Taking Applications.”
• 2008 – May 2, Mr. Rick Rosen writes about preventing storm damage with proper maintenance – “Tackle Tree Problems Before Storms Hit.”
• 2007 – November 2, Mr. Rick Rosen writes about the basics of tree planting. The article includes a link to a video with Steve Houser teaching the subject and a link to the UFAC planting guide – “How and When to Plant Trees.”
• 2001 – November 2, Ms. Jeannette Keton writes about proper pruning and the necessary equipment – “Cut the Confusion: Know What It Takes to Prune Your Trees Properly.”
• 2001 – October 26, Ms. Rebecca Perry writes about the bumper crop of acorns – “Oaks Nutty Because of Stress.”
• 2000 – April 28, Ms. Julie Vargo writes about trees, soils, and foundations – “Whether the Ground is Sun-Scorched or Rain Drenched, Your House is Vulnerable.”
• 1998 – October 2, Ms. Elizabeth Simnacher writes about the deadly Oak Wilt disease in our area – “Deadly Fungal Disease Continues to Plague Oaks.”
• 1998 – July 10, Ms. Julie Vargo writes about selecting the right tree and planting in the proper location – “There's a Season for Every Plant.”
• 2009 – March 18, Ms. Alexa Schirtzinger writes about a forested area clear-cut for development, but three years later the land sits barren ironically at the corner of Preservation Lane and Nature's Way – “Dallas Wants to be a Green City, Why Not Save Some Trees?”
• 2008 – October 15, Mr. Robert Wilonsky writes about the USA President award for volunteer service awarded to Mr. Steve Houser – “The Giving Tree – Dallas Urban Forest Chair Gets Bush Volunteer Award.”
Dallas Sports Fanatic
• 2019 – March 29, Mr. Michael Lark reported on the Mav's ninth season of the Trees for Threes community initiative. As a three-way partnership between the Mav's, Arborilogical Services and PwC have planted more than 3,000 trees at local DISD schools over the past nine years.
Denton Record Chronicle
• 1995 – June 1, Letter to the editor by Mr. Steve Houser published regarding a tree killed by a home builder.
• 2011 – October 20, Ms. Windi Veigel writes about droughts effect on trees – “Drought Leaves Trees with Big Thirst.”
Fort Worth Insight
• 2011 – November 8, a staff report based on CBS news coverage mentions the loss of a historic and champion Red Oak in Garland Cemetery – “Historic Oak Tree in Garland Cut Down.”
Fort Worth Star Telegram
• 2016 – June 30, Mr. Neil Sperry writes about how to hire an arborist – “Trust Certified Arborists to Ensure the Healthiest of Your Trees.”
• 2012 – March 22, Mr. Neil Sperry writes about how to care for your trees – “The Garden Guru: an Expert Advises on How to Treat Trees.”
• 2004 – April 25, Ms. Toni Heinzel interviews Mr. Nicolas Martinez, a three-time state champion and writes about the state tree climbing competition in Fort Worth – “Arborists Take a Bough.”
Friends of Reverchon Park
• 2019 – March 4, Friends of Reverchon Park reported on the highlights of the 2019 Reverchon Cleanup and shared pictures of the event.
Garland Landmark Society News
• 2012 – January, February, March, staff report regarding the loss of the historic and champion Red Oak in Garland Cemetery – “Farewell, Good Cemetery Oak.”
The Garland News
• 2002 – December 17, Mr. Michael Hayslip writes about the recognition of two champion trees, a Red Oak and an Incense Cedar – “The Test of Time – Forest Service Honors Two Garland Trees as ‘Champions’.“
The Gilmer Mirror
• 2015 – October 30, staff report about our Crew Foreman, Miguel Pastenes, winning the North American Tree Climbing Championship – “Dallas Tree Climber Proves He is the Best in North America.”
GreenSource Dallas/Fort Worth
• 2019 – April 3, Mr. Marshall Hinsley writes about a first-of-its-kind proposal being mulled over at Dallas City Hall that may prove to be a revolutionary way to protect urban forests throughout America.
• 2018 – March 17, Mr. Marshall Hinsley writes about our company`s new office construction which may be the greenest office in North Texas, but not ugly!! – “Dallas Tree Service Company Digging New Green Headquarters.”
• 2016 – December 20, Ms. Rita Cook writes about the Dallas Mavericks partnership with our company, Pricewaterhouse Coopers, Dallas Independent School District, and Dallas Parks and Recreation Department to plant and maintain trees on public property – “Every Mavericks Three-Pointer Plants Another Tree in Dallas.”
Katy Trail Weekly
• 2019 – March 1, Ms. Karen Fleig writes about the many benefits of trees and why "Trees Are The Answer."
• 2010 – June, Ms. Katherine Ponder writes about large and old trees in Collin County – “Majestic Giants of Collin County.”
Park Cities People By People Newspapers
• 2008 – August 15, Mr. Austin Kilgore writes about Oak Wilt – “Arborists Wage War on Oak Wilt – Homeowners Urged to Take Steps to Protect Oak Population in Danger of Migrating Disease.”
• 2011 – October 20, Ms. Wyndi Veigel writes about drought – “Drought Leaves Trees with Big Thirst.”
Star Local News
• 2012 – May 4, Ms. Kelley Chambers writes about a section of an old tree removed for construction which was ring dated as part of a Boy Scout project – “Branching Through Time: ‘Cookie’ Tree Reflects Plano History.”
Tyler Morning Telegraph
• 2011 – October 13, staff report on the current drought conditions – “Welcome Rain: Dry Spell Eases Slightly Across Texas.”
The White Rocker Weekly
• 2002 – January 17, Notification under “things to do, places to go” regarding an upcoming presentation at the Dallas Arboretum by Steve Houser – “Out On a Limb – How to Tame Your Trees.”
Windbreak Quarterly (Commerce)
• 1994 – September 16, staff report about the state champion Bois d’Arc in Commerce Texas being pruned pro bono (or free of charge) by Mr. Steve Houser. The tree is named “Max.” - “Max – Tall Dark and Handsome.”
The Wylie News
• 2016 – February 10, Mr. Joe Reavis writes about Crew Foreman Mr. Miguel Pastenes and Crew Foreman Mr. Vicente Pena-Molina winning the Texas Tree Climbing Competition in 2015 and Mr. Pastenas winning the North American Tree Climbing Competition to become the North American Champion – “Climbing Their Way to the Top.”
• 2012 – August 29, Ms. Judy Truesdell writes about Crew foreman Mr. Miguel Pastenes current win in the Texas Tree Climbing Competition to become the state champion – “Arborist Climbs to New Heights, Represents Texas Internationally.”
• 2010 – May 21, Staff reports about the upcoming state tree climbing competition and our past champion tree climbers – “Area Climbers Slated to Compete in Plano This Weekend.”
• 2009 – August 5, Ms. Judy Truesdell writes about Crew Foreman Mr. Miguel Pastenes winning the Texas Tree Climbing Competition (again!) – “Local Arborist Comes Out on Top.”
• 2008 – July 25, Ms. Judy Truesdell Mecca writes about the Texas Tree Climbing Competition, our champion tree climbers representing the state around the world – “Arborist Reaches Heights in Tree Climbing Competition – Local Firm has Held the Title for Sixteen Years.”
• 1995 - February 1, The Wylie News featured an article about Mr. Kevin Bassett receiving the "Arborist of the Year" award - "Area Arborist Receives Prestigious 'Arborist of the Year' Award."
• 1990 – December 26, staff report regarding the establishment and growth of our company in Wylie – “Tree Service Provides Quality Care in Wylie.”
COMPANY NEWS ARCHIVES TELEVISION AND RADIO
ABC, WFAA / Channel 8
• 2020 - February 19, Mr. Jack Highberger interviewed Mr. Steve Houser for his opinion on a large number of trees being removed from the bank of White Rock Creek by the City of Dallas.
• 2019 - October 18, Mr. Jay Wallis interviewed Highland Park mayor Margo Goodwin, a resident, and our owner, Steve Houser about the Highland Park Pecan tree that is coming down soon. Unfortunately, it is a safety hazard.
• 2019 - May 9, Mr. Jobin Panicker interviewed our owner Mr. Steve Houser about Arborilogical Services rainwater saving efforts, which is just one of the many green features that make Arborilogical Services' new sustainable office building one of the most eco-friendly businesses in the Dallas/Fort Worth area.
• 2017 – June 27, Mr. David Goins covers the trees topped on Forest Lane and clear-cutting trees in southern Dallas.
• 2017 – February 22, Ms. Melissa Jones covers an interview with Crew Foreman Mr. Miguel Pastenes regarding his winning the North American Tree Climbing Competition and the state competition eight different years – “A Glimpse into the World of Competitive Tree Climbing.” The coverage also ran on Channel 3 in south Texas.
• 2016 – April 13, Ms. Paige Smith with the Good Morning Texas show interviews our Production Manager and four-time State Champion Climber, Mr. Nicholas Martinez and Mr. Steve Houser regarding competition tree climbing – “Going to New Heights by Climbing Trees.”
• 2015 – February 16, Ms. Ashton Alteri explains how past droughts and ice storms are affecting trees.
• 2009 – October 19, WFAA Staff report on tree diseases in North Texas, including Oak Wilt. A transcript of the video report, "Tree Diseases Threaten North Texas", is available to read.
• 2009 – June 11, Mr. Brad Watson covers the recommended changes to the Dallas tree and landscape ordinance.
• 2008 – October 9, Mr. David Schechter covers the US Presidents award for 5,000 hours of volunteer service and the Master Naturalist program. Information is posted online.
• 2008 – August 23, Mr. David Schechter covers the establishment of the Dallas citizen forester program, developed by Dallas Urban Forester, Mr. Walter Passmore and Mr. Steve Houser.
• 2008 – June 16, Mr. David Schechter covers the Urban Heat Island effect in Dallas and shows that temperatures on the concrete road can be over 130 degrees. It also covers the cutting-edge tree inventory research project and Professor Fang Qiu with UTD who provided the technical knowledge for the project.
• 2003 – WFAA Staff reports on Mayor Laura Miller's tree-climbing practice efforts for the Mayor's Challenge in which quite a few different city mayors competed for the top spot.
• 2003 – WFAA News re-aired a different version of the original report on Mayor Miller's tree-climbing practice efforts in order to compete in the April Mayor's Challenge.
• 1996 – WFAA Channel 8 News interviews the co-founder of Arborilogical Services, Mr. Kevin Bassett who co-chairs TREEnewal, a volunteer effort created to clean-up the trees at the historic Dealey Plaza.
A&E Network (Arts and Entertainment)
• 2012 – December 18, in a 2012 episode of Storage Wars, one of the storage units contained some old tree climbing equipment. Our Production Manager, Mr. Nicholas Martinez, was interviewed on the show to explain the equipment, how it is used, and the monetary value.
CBS, WPXI / Channel 11
• 2018 – November 8, Mr. Brooke Rogers covers a North Dallas neighborhood's grassroots effort to halt Oncor from cutting down three-quarters of a mile of trees that separate their homes from the Dallas Tollway. Read the interview transcript.
• 2011 – November 23, Mr. Jay Gormley interviews our owner, Mr. Steve Houser as he covers the loss of the historic and champion Red Oak in the Garland Memorial Park, a cemetery located at the intersection of Garland and Miller Road. Read the interview transcript.
• 2011 – April 22, Mr. Jay Gormley covers the cutting-edge tree inventory research project by Professor Fang Qiu and Arborist Mr. Steve Houser. You can also read the interview transcript here.
• 2010 – May 21, coverage regarding the state tree climbing competition in Fort Worth.
• 2003 – CBS Channel 11 News re-aired for a final time another version of their earlier report on Mayor Laura Miller's tree climbing efforts as she practices to compete in the April 2003 Mayor's Challenge hosted by the ICA Texas Tree Climbing Competition.
• 2003 – CBS Channel 11 News re-aired a different version of their earlier report on Mayor Laura Miller's tree climbing efforts as she practices to compete in the April 2003 Mayor's Challenge hosted by the ICA Texas Tree Climbing Competition.
• 2003 – CBS Channel 11 News reports on Mayor Laura Miller's tree climbing efforts as she practices to compete in the April 2003 Mayor's Challenge hosted by the ICA Texas Tree Climbing Competition.
CBS-Austin, KAUZ / Channel 6
• 2018 – March 16, Mr. Jesse Canales reports about a Comanche Marker Tree dedication ceremony – “Historical Marker Honors Native American Legacy.” Information is posted online.
• 2010 May 22, Mr. Troy Phillips reports on the Texas Tree Climbing Championship in Plano – “Learning to Climb is an Art Form.” Information is available online.
Fox4, KDFW / Channel 4
• 2019 - July 30, Ms. Natalie Solis interviews a Dallas runner who barely escaped a tree falling that ultimately crushed his car. Our owner, Steve Houser explains to Ms. Solis how every tree can fail given the right circumstances.
• 2019 – April 27, Mr. Brandon Todd EarthX Expo and interviews the sponsor of Tree World, Mr. Steve Houser of Arborilogical, about the fun activities children can participate in as they learn about the many benefits of trees.
• 2017 – June 12, Ms. Laurie Brown reports about almost 100 trees being “topped” on Forest Lane, most of them being Oaks. Information is posted online.
• 2011 – April 29, Fox4 News Staff covers Arbor Day Celebration at the Dallas Arboretum and Botanical Gardens.
• 2007 – October 15, Fox4 News Staff cover an EPA environmental treasure hunt for children and 5adults at the State Fair of Texas in Fair Park in Dallas, Texas. Participants visit various stations to learn about environmental issues of importance. Staff members Mrs. Sara Beckelman and Mr. Steve Houser volunteered to present the benefits of trees at one station.
• 1997 – Channel 4 Reporter covers the Texas Historic Tree Coalition's successful attempt to save almost 70 mature historic trees planned for demolishing by Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas.
KERA, PBS / 90.1 FM
• 2010 – August 6, Mr. B. J. Austin reports on 4,000 trees that were saved along with the Trinity River levee system. The trees were threatened with removal due to the misperception that they were compromising the levee system. Mr. Steve Houser provided education and proved that the roots of trees near the levee stay near the surface of the soil and do not grow under the levee, which could compromise their integrity. Information is posted online.
KHYI, The Range /105.3 FM
•2019 – April 26, During National Arbor Day, 105.3's DJ, Mr. Gavin Dawson, mentioned he hears Nadel talking about Arborilogical all the time. He then spelled our name out, "Arbor-the letter 'i'-logical," and added, "They can take care of any of your tree needs." Thank you Mr. Dawson. We appreciate that you mentioned our company, especially on National Arbor Day.
KRLD NewsRadio /1080 AM / Texas State Network (TSN)
• 2022 - June 21, Mr. Mitch Carr talks with Mr. Steve Houser in response to a recent news article that referred to a bug that is killing Ash trees in Texas. In addition to airing on KRLD, the interview will be re-aired around the state of Texas on Texas State Network radio stations.
• 2021 - August 5, Mr. Mitch Carr interviews our owner Mr. Steve Houser about increased pollen and air quality in North Texas.
• 2021 – January 17, Mr. Mitch Carr and our owner Mr. Steve Houser talk about the Emerald Ash Borer (EAB) and the spread of the destructive beetle in Texas.
• 2014 - March 19, 1080 KRLD interviews Mr. Steve Houser about the drought and its effect on trees.
• 2014 - January 6, 1080 KRLD interviews Mr. Steve Houser "The Ice Storm and Its Effect On Trees".
NBC, KXAS / Channel 5
• 2022 - July 13, Mr. Ken Kalthoff reports on a hazardous tree endangering two Dallas homes and the residents within, and how a contractor promises to remove the tree Thursday, July 14. Mr. Kalthoff speaks with our owner, Mr. Steve Houser to understand just how dangerous this tree is.
• 2020 - February 19, Mr. Jack Highberger interviews Mr. Steve Houser concerning the White Rock Creek tree removals.
• 2018 – May 16, Mr. Ken Kalthoff reports on recommended changes to the Dallas tree and landscape ordinance as well as the park land dedication ordinance – “Years of Debate to Boost Dallas Trees and Parks Advances at CityHall.” Information is posted online.
• 2017 – June 2, Mr. Ken Kalthoff reports on the 75 Oak trees which were “topped” on Forest Lane – “Expert Says ‘Irreparable Harm’ Done to 75 Live Oak Trees – City Arborist Assessing Damage.” Information is posted online.
• 2017 – July 17, Mr. Kevin Cokely covers state legislation that attempted to remove the city's ability to regulate trees on private property. (We were unable to locate this coverage on NBC's website in their media archive. If you happen to run across the video of this news coverage, please send us a link. We would greatly appreciate it.)
• 2016 – November 30, Ms. Jocelyn Lockwood covers the fall color of trees. Information is posted online.
• 2012 – April 21, Channel 5's evening news segment offers more extensive coverage of Earth Day Dallas and the event's many programs, activities, shopping, and speakers including former first lady Mrs. Laura Bush.
• 2012 – April 21, Ms. Amanda Fitzpatrick covers Earth Day for the morning news – “Earth Day Dallas 2012 Kicks Off – NBC 5 Helps Dallas/Fort Worth ‘Go Green.’”
• 2011 – May 10, Mr. Bruce Felps covers the state tree climbing competition coming up in Fort Worth – “Arborists to Compete in Tree Climbing Championships – State Round to Determine International Qualifiers.” Information is posted online.
• 2011 – November 23, Ms. Tammy Mutasa reports on the loss of the historic Garland Red Oak – “Historic Garland Red Oak Reduced to Stump.”
• 2005 – June 20, Ms. Ramona Logan interviews our owner, Mr. Steve Houser on the hot topic of webworms, a multi-generational pest common in Dallas trees this time of year.
• 2002 – April 10, NBC Channel 5 News Staff interviews Steve Houser regarding the lightning protection system installed into the Plano Bicentennial Oak tree.